Friday, June 22, 2012
ELY NEVADA
The last four days have been tons of fun. I made a new friend, Kinsey made a new friend, and we got to see Clint everyday. Tuesday was mine and Clint's 2 year anniversary. It's kinda crazy to think that we have been married that long. I woke up that morning thinking it was a bummer that I wasn't even going to see him that day because he was out of town working. I decided that to solve that problem, I was going to drive 3 hours to Ely and surprise him. Then to make it even better, stay a couple days. The business rents a house for the guys working out there so it made it easy for us to stay there with them. I asked Jake's wife Chelsea if she wanted to go with me and she was excited to go. (Jake is working with Clint and I had never talked to Chelsea until Tuesday.) So we loaded all of our stuff and kiddos and started our little trip to Ely NV. The guys were pretty excited to see us and it was fun to be with them. Chelsea has a little boy Braden who is a year and a half old and he is so stinking cute! Kinsey and Braden enjoyed being around each other even with the age difference. Braden would feed her bananas and give her plates from the garbage that were covered in maple syrup from breakfast and SHE LOVED IT! And so did I. She was sticky from head to toe. Braden would even play Peek-a-Boo with Kinsey in the car and it would make them both happy. Chelsea and I had a blast hanging out with each other while our husbands were at work. Hopefully we will be able to have fun together here at home too. We were both sad to leave but knew there were things at home that needed to be done. I think that if I had a choice and nothing else mattered, I would go to Ely every time with Clint and practically move into the house. It was an older house and there was alot of things I loved about it and things I didn't love like wood floors and no AC. To name a few of the good, a laundry chute, built in dressers, and the best part, way more cupboard space than my own house. My camera is broken so sadly I have no pictures to share from our little adventure. But if anybody knows how to fix a lens that won't open and is having some problems, feel free to help me, or I may be purchasing a new camera before too long!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
glad you had a fun time! Sad about your camera though.
ReplyDeleteI con totally agree with you on staying out there! I had fun when I went but I am sure it would be a lot better now they have the house, the apartment... well it was a little scary!
ReplyDelete